You’re consumed by behaviors which make you feel better but you know make little sense. These intrusive, bothersome thoughts keep entering your mind, and you just want them to go away.
You’re really looking to gain your life back and worry less so that you can focus on what matters to you, but you’re not sure how to do this with all of the disturbing thoughts that just won’t leave your mind.
You can’t recall the last time that you were carefree. Simple situations seem impossible to get through. Lately, you feel like there is something wrong with you and that no one understands you. You never know when those intrusive thoughts will come, and you worry that you won’t be able to control them and make them go away.
Dealing with adult responsibilities is hard, but adding these issues in the mix makes it even harder. It’s as if your thoughts and emotions are working against you, and all you feel is overwhelmed.
So here you are, wondering if you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
You truly want to find peace and be able to break free from your OCD, feel more in control of your life, and live with less discomfort. But, you have no idea how to calm your overactive mind and emotions. You never imagined you’d feel so scared, worried, and stressed. And you certainly didn’t expect that you’d be feeling like withdrawing from the things that you used to enjoy in life.
Signs That You Might Be Struggling with OCD
- Behavioral: you are engaging in unwanted repetitive behaviors that are getting in the way of your ability to function or causing you incredible distress; you are spending too much time to do simple tasks; you are avoiding activities that you value to prevent unwanted thoughts from occurring
- Cognitive: you have unwanted thoughts, images, or urges; you assume that these unwanted thoughts are likely to occur; these thoughts are very frequent and time consuming
- Mood: you often feel fear, dread, disgust, doubt, and/or discomfort
When You Seek Support from the Center for Anxiety and Behavior Management
- You will reduce or even stop avoiding the people and places that you once enjoyed
- You will learn to positively cope with fear and discomfort
- You will learn how to help yourself better function at home and in work or school
- You will regain your life back and enjoy spending more time in the activities you love
The Adult OCD Counseling Process
Therapy for adults with OCD is intended to help you gain the skills and tools necessary to more effectively manage your fears, feelings, and thoughts. Together, you and your therapist will work with scientifically-backed, evidence-based therapies to help you gain control over your bothersome, intrusive thoughts and ritualized behaviors.
More About The Center for Anxiety and Behavior Management
As a team of licensed therapists, we are experts at teaching you to make the behavioral choices that get you closer to your goals.
We work from an evidence-based perspective. This means that our job is to help you understand your struggles and provide solutions proven to be very effective. Negative thoughts, distressing feelings, and unhelpful behaviors don’t have to be part of your life, and OCD therapy at The Center for Anxiety and Behavior Management is about changing the way you think, recognizing how your beliefs are holding you back, becoming informed, seeing the world more accurately, and engaging in behaviors that you won’t regret later.
We make it our mission to help you regain control of your life by providing effective strategies supported by science. We are dedicated to being on top of the most recent knowledge and helping you solve problems based on what the research says is effective. It is our passion to educate you on what is and isn’t working in your life so that you can get back in the driver’s seat and take yourself where you want to go.
Who Benefits Most from OCD Counseling
Therapy for adults with OCD is best for those who need relief from the constant battle against stress, OCD symptoms, overwhelming feelings, and often perfectionism.
OCD can often be debilitating and get in the way of your enjoyment of life. It doesn’t have to rob you of your ability to reach your goals.
You will benefit from OCD therapy if:
- You are experiencing intrusive, bothersome thoughts
- You are engaging in time-consuming, life-intruding ritualized behaviors to cope with uncomfortable feelings
- You struggle to participate in daily activities
- You have trouble falling or staying asleep at night
- You often avoid uncomfortable situations
- Your behaviors are intruding on your relationships
There are certain situations in which you might not be ready for counseling sessions with us.
These include, but are not limited to:
- When you do not have time to attend sessions on a weekly basis
- When you are not ready to practice the techniques provided in therapy
- When you cannot commit to the process of therapy for the full course of treatment
- When you want a quick fix
If you are currently experiencing any of these issues, we can provide you with appropriate referrals for your level of care.
What Does OCD Therapy Cost?
OCD counseling is a fee-for-service program which means that we require payment at the time services are provided. We would be considered an out-of-network provider and would be happy to provide you with receipts which include all of the information you’d need for submitting directly to your insurance company for your own reimbursement.
When and Where are the Counseling Sessions?
Our office is conveniently located at 259 Main Street in Chester, NJ, 07930.
Sessions are currently held by appointment only Monday – Saturday.
Your Next Steps
You absolutely can learn to manage your OCD symptoms.
Freedom from OCD may feel impossible, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start to take back control. You just need the support of a caring professional and evidence-based treatment to help you figure out how to best manage it all.
You will get the tools you need to be more successful in overcoming your worries. And you’ll also grow in your ability to self-manage with the use of good coping skills.
Ultimately, you will know that even when things aren’t going your way, you will get through them. We can help.
Meet our experienced & professional team
Our therapists’ commitment to providing quality treatment and giving you practical, action-oriented strategies are why we are one of the most sought after mental health practices.